Knowing where to put the furniture in a room can be confusing, especially in small rooms. Follow these steps to accommodate your room with comfort and style.
- Draw a floor plan of the room on paper, including measures and locations of all the dead, windows, radiators and other permanent features. If you’re handy with a computer and you are furnishing more than one room, invest in a service design program available for home decorators.
- Measure your furniture. Decorators recommend cutting small scale molds and label with the name of the cabinet and measure. This way you can just move around the map to get an idea of what is good in every place.
- Arrange and rearrange the furniture until everything between and create a nice flow through the room. Check if you crash with some walking through this arrangement, if the space between2 furniture is too small or if the provision is rare. Follow rearranging the furniture until you’re happy with the design.
- Be creative with your solutions. All furniture does not have to go lined up against the walls. Try placing the bed from a corner diagonally. If you have a large wall with nothing and have no head in bed, try hanging a curtain behind the bed to create a focal point.
- Apply the basic principles of Fang Shun. Things do not accumulate in the corners for better energy flow. Keep electrical equipment and cables hidden in a unit with doors. Electrical equipment emits electromagnetic waves that can prevent a peaceful sleep. Hide also adds elegance to the room.
- Place the actual furniture according to the layout on paper.
Tips & Warnings
- If your floor lamps do not enter your new plan, take them out of the floor and replace them with lamps on bedside tables. Or, if you like reading in bed, reading lamps installed on the wall on either side of the bed. Other options include light rail, recessed lighting, a spider in the center of the ceiling or a ceiling fan with built-in light.