The concrete is often used in different applications of home, like steps, patios, basement slabs, tickets and shower floors. The cords are commonly used in bathrooms, where they form a barrier between the floor shower and the rest of the environment and are designed to be coated with a finishing material. There are different ways to construct a cord, one of which is poured concrete. To do this, you must first build a mold to hold the concrete in place until it dries.
- Measure the width of the opening of the shower or the place where you want to install the cord. Determine whether you will use a string of 4 inches (10 cm) to 6 inches (15 cm) tall and used appropriately sized timber. Brand two pieces of 2 x 4 inches (5 x 10 cm) or 2 x 6 inch (5 x 10 cm), which will shape the front and back of the cord structure.
- Cut the pieces of wood with a miter saw. Place a piece of wood inside the miter saw and hold it flush against the fence (the back of the tray) and firmly against the tray. Hold it with one hand and using the other hand to manipulate the saw and take the handle of the blade down along the cut mark wood. Repeat with the second piece.
- Determines the width of the cord and place the two pieces of wood at a distance corresponding to the width, lifting the edge so that the walls (parts of the front and back) reach a height of 4 to 6 inches ( 10 or 15 cm).
- Connects the two parts to certain width with two or three crosspieces nailed on top, with a miter saw, cut strips of wood to fit the width of the top, Screw them on the back of the frame to prop the ends and in the central part. Use a carpenter’s square and a level of two feet (60 cm) to make sure your walls are plumb and level with each other.
- Place the cord in place will pour concrete. Screws inserted along the bottom edge, orienting and directing from the outer side through the bottom of the timber to the outside of the structure. Thus, you will hold the structure in place while the concrete pour. Then pour concrete into the mold and wait 24 to 72 hours. Remove the structure.
Tips & Warnings
- Few cords exceeding 4 inches (10 cm) tall, Unless you are a person who is inclined to the upper echelons, the most common way to build a string it is with tables 2 x 4 inches (5 x 10 cm) on the sides. If you prefer a higher cord, use pieces of 2 x 6 inches (5 x 15 cm), or use an additional depth to the height of the cord is 4.5 inches (11.25 cm).
- The ends of the cord will be blocked by the walls of the shower or the entry in which you install it. No need to cut wood to form the ends of the cord, since the walls and structures of the opening of the shower will serve as building blocks while waiting for the concrete to dry.
- Use safety equipment when working with power tools.