A small bedroom can be challenging for decoration, but it becomes even more frustrating when you add a large bed. The good news is that there are ways to make it feel bigger, even with the presence of prominent cabinet. Think of your room as a haven of rest instead of a multi-purpose area, and decorate it with that intention.
- Add Color. Paint the walls of your room using bright light colors. It emphasizes only to add the illusion of depth by painting the wall on which rests your bed. If you choose to use wallpaper, choose the vertical lines to make the room look bigger to attract attention upward.
- Place your bed against the center wall in the middle of the room, to create free space on both sides. If you have one with head and foot, discard the latter to create more space.
- Use linens and colorful cushions to draw attention to bed. As this will be the focal point of the small room; accentuate using bright colors or fun patterns to attract attention. A canopy is another idea for a small bedroom as it uses vertical space and adds a focus of extra attention.
- Reduce clutter and storing large furniture items in drawers under the bed. Too much furniture can cram your room and make it look even smaller. Buy containers that can slide under the bed to store things, and leverages other storage spaces.
- Avoid the profusion of pictures on the walls. Choose a beautiful and unique piece, or hang a mirror in place. Too much decoration on makes them seem smaller and therefore the fourth overall looks smaller. A mirror can provide an illusion of space, and one with a cute frame that hangs above the bed, gives a nice touch of decoration without being overdone.